Sunday 14 July 2013

Winter in July

It's been a scorcher today, BUT, I have been thinking about Winter.  The whole reason for this is that I bought a new parasol and base - now, I know that sounds weird, but it was the packaging of the parasol base that caught my eye.  A well structured polystyrene box, all ready to cut  a round whole in the middle, which meant it also fitted the Silhouette Challenge this week.  Obviously it was white and it made me think of snow and for some reason an ice rink.  Next thing I know I am making a little town to sit on it.  Having sat outside and glued all this together, cut some glass to make the ice rink and made some children playing in the snow I am now slightly red myself, but feeling quite cool about the finished result.  Here it is in all its glory.  Let me know what you think and any ideas of what to do with it now would be gratefully received.












And Finally, Just because it is ACTUALLY summer - here's a wee Ice Cream!  The lid comes off to leave you with a box, ideal for keeping your chocolate flakes in!


Have a great week, here's hoping the weather lasts

Mhairi
x

No comments:

Post a Comment